It’s no secret that social media is an essential tool when trying to inspire people to become your next customer. Whether you’re a small local shop or a big national company, social media is an essential piece of your business marketing strategy.
Follow these steps to create the perfect Instagram bio, which will help to establish your brand presence, show people who you are, and what you’re all about.
- Clearly define your value proposition. Your value proposition is all about how your products or services are unique, and how that can benefit the person reading the bio. In these 150 characters, clearly state you’re located, your brand mission, and why someone should care to follow along.
- Highlight your brand voice. If you have a distinctive brand voice, this is a great place to introduce it to new users. Your bio needs to align with your brand as a whole, or there will be a clear disconnect.
- Add a category. Instagram also allows you to specify which category your brand falls under – whether you run a restaurant or a media and entertainment company. This shows up right under your business name if you choose to enable it, so it helps free up space in your bio for other important details.
- Make sure it’s easy to read. As mentioned earlier, your Instagram bio should be able to convey what your business does or what it offers. Therefore, it’s crucial that people can easily read and process the information without too much trouble. Formatting with line breaks and special characters can make it easier to read and emphasize important information at a glance.
- Include a clear call to action. Your bio is short, but if it’s effective, it will still encourage users to take an action. Include a compelling call to action, such as your website.
Ready to create an impactful Instagram bio? You got this.